Workshop Manager Overall Purpose:
- Experience with servicing & repairs to high voltage generator and motors, and associated equipment
- Leading all works departments to ensure all aspects of the order cycle through enquiry, tendering, order acceptance, order fulfilment to invoicing and order delivery with primary responsibility for delivering Customer Satisfaction by ensuring that the company meets/exceeds commitments (including deliveries, responsiveness, status updates, correspondence, documentation, and technical reports) in a timely, professional manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all team leaders are fully adhering to their individual job descriptions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work undertaken is to a high quality.
- Continual review of labour requirements for all work undertaken.
- Representing the “Voice of the Customer” within the Company and drive increased revenues to exceed growth expectations.
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment by adherence to EHS requirements, driving continuous improvement, managing resources to maximise efficiency and meet branch objectives.
- Ensuring that specific customer requirements are exceeded & opportunities for improvement are communicated.
- Assist GM with meeting our monthly P&L.
- Operate to high standards of quality & HSE by ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and standards.
- Apply suitable and timely Performance Management processes to ensure the service centre objectives are achieved.
- Ensure the departments equipment and facilities are maintained and upgraded to meet required future growth.
- Continually drive succession planning and employee development to ensure the organisation has the skills, knowledge and capability to meet future business growth.
- Lead and drive the organisation to be a “best in class” customer focused service driven organisation.
- Assist GM in the development and implementation of Group strategies, policies and practices.
- Embrace and fully engage with new working practices, showing a lead in new behaviours and culture change requirements.
- Maximise staff contribution and develop individuals to their full potential by providing effective coaching/mentoring and appraisal throughout organisation.
Relevant contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
Internal: Service Centre Managers; Senior Project Managers; Project Managers; Site Engineers; Technical Engineers, SHEQ; Supply Management; HR; Finance
External: Customers; other personnel on customer site; general public; Auditors; Group Executives
Objectives & Measurement:
- HSE, Revenue, EBITDA, OTD.
Person Specification – Qualifications
- Previous experience working with high voltage motors and generators in a Service Centre work shop.
- HNC/HND in electro/mechanical engineering is desirable or suitable experience in service repair industries.
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge
- Needs to appreciate and understand company values and be able to translate them into actions and procedures which meet the needs of his/her part of the organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Excels working in a diverse and fast pace environment.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- Ability to deal with customers effectively and promote strong company image.
Person Specification – Experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.