- Involved in maintenance works on customer assets.
- The works will be planned, demand driven and reactive on mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct H&S, procurement and administration procedures are followed on every job.
- Ability to produce high quality work.
- Able to swiftly & comprehensively fault-find, rectify problems on mechanical equipment.
- Turn shafts on lathes up to 5 metres long.
- Milling of jobs on small mill up to 5 metre bed mill.
- Vertical boring up to 2150mm diameter.
- Horizontal boring.
- Internal keywaying.
- Metal spraying with flame/wire system.
- CNC turning and milling.
- General workshop machining.
- Service industry’s reverse or repair work carried out to suit customer’s urgency.
- Actively take part in risk assessment, and all related Health and Safety issues.
- Identify problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order.
- Provide knowledge and information to operational teams and customers.
- Day to day liaison with operational staff.
- All other reasonable tasks and duties as and when required.
Relevant contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
Internal: Branch Manage, Supervisor, Colleagues
Objectives & Measurement:
- Accomplishes goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Person Specification – Qualifications
- Machinist Apprentice qualification or higher.
- Mechanical / Engineering qualification.
- Five years’ Experience working in a machine shop environment.
- Site visits required.
- CSCS Card (or trade specific).
- CCNSG (or similar H&S).
- First Aid.
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge
- Shift system to cover breakdown work but flexible working hours is a must.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with team at all levels to discuss, liaise and negotiate work related tasks effectively.
- Good customer services skills.
Person Specification – Experience
- Proven working experience in a machine shop environment.
- Skill in operating machinery & precision measurement.
- Ability to interpret documents/drawings.
Person Specification – General Requirements
- Driving Licence.
- Going that ‘extra mile’ to offer high engineering standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and collaboration Initiative.