Parsons Peebles Group Ltd, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Scotland (company number SC428198) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Parsons Peebles Group Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site parsons-peebles.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our services, use the website’s search function, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and your approximate geographic location;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); things you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, website hosting providers, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or the organisation which you represent and us, and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you or the organisation which you represent have already purchased or enquired about;
- to send you marketing communications. Such marketing information may include: information about our existing or forthcoming products and services, or those of other companies in our corporate group; news about our recent business activities, or those of other companies in our corporate group; articles and reports with our opinions or insights on prevailing conditions, trends or opportunities within the sectors and industries in which we, or other companies in our corporate group, operate. You can, of course, opt out of these marketing communications at the point of giving us your contact information or any time thereafter – see the section entitled “Your Rights” below.
- to notify you or the organisation which you represent about changes to our services;
- should you or the organisation which you represent indicate an interest in doing a business transaction with us, or companies within our corporate group, to conduct bank ground checks on you, the organisation(s) which you represent and to verify any information which you or your organisation has provided to us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also share your personal information with Clyde Blowers Capital IM LLP and Clyde Blowers Ltd, which together manage the investment portfolio of which our group forms part.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or the organisation which you represent.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Where you carry out a transaction with us, or other companies in our group, to our legal, accounting and other professional advisers, and credit reference agencies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or the corporate group of which we form part, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at X.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.