Rotary frequency convertors, or frequency changers, are the preferred solution for converting an input power source of one frequency to another. They are more reliable than solid state convertors which create a synthesised output voltage including potentially damaging harmonics.
Parsons Peebles are the UK leaders in rotary frequency convertors, with over 40 supplied in our recent history. These range from smaller portable units up to bespoke designed 15MVA sets complete with full control systems. We are the preferred supplier to many of the world’s naval fleets and have extensive experience for commercial convertors too in the marine, oil & gas and industrial sectors.
Our rotary frequency convertor capability covers:
Full load testing – direct load up to 8 MW 60 Hz
- 300kVA up to 15MVA
- Start-up current down to industry leading 1 x FLC to minimise grid impact
- Specialists in complete system integration including all control systems and built in safety features
- Designed to simplify in-situ service
- We specialise in optimal reliability naval applications
- Can be designed to include stator rocking to facilitate synchronisation with other systems
Click here for a typical schematic of the typical scope of our larger systems
Click here for highlights of our frequency convertor experience